Why Use a 3PL?
What exactly is a 3PL and why should you use one for your freight shipping?
By Kelly Greenlee
Regardless of whether your business is big, small, new, or old, sometimes it can be difficult for freight companies to meet the demand of their supply chains. Whether it’s assembly needs, inventory management and storage, contract packaging, or shipping, most companies can benefit from having some extra help. This is where a third-party logistics (3PL) provider like RMX Global Logistics comes in handy.
A third-party logistics provider (3PL) can help you reach your logistics goals and increase the overall efficiency of your organization in the process. Even if you have your own trucks, you can supplement with a 3PL. Many companies benefit from having a 3PL in their back pocket to get their loads covered.
What exactly is a 3PL?
Basically, 3PLs offer logistics services to support certain aspects of shipping operations, such as assembly, packaging, warehousing, and onsite integration. Additionally, 3PLs can enhance your operational, financial, and end customer performance.
Depending on what your specific needs and goals are, 3PL providers can offer a variety of benefits, in the short term and in the long term as well.
- Save time and money. By not having to spend money on building warehousing, hiring additional labor, facilitating transportation, and installing various technologies, companies can reduce their costs. Additionally, 3PLs can eliminate the hassle of paperwork, billing, audits, training, staffing, and optimization typically involved with supply chains.
- Benefit from industry expertise. RMX has a long history in the refrigerated freight industry – in particular the shipping of meats and proteins. If a shipper is looking for a vendor with the knowledge base to safely ship their refrigerated freight, it makes sense to work with someone who has expertise and a network of established carriers in that area.
- Expand into new markets. Having access to distribution centers and warehouses in various regions allows companies to grow and expand the markets they serve.
- Increase resource network. The relationships that many 3PL providers have with those in their network can open opportunities for companies to receive volume discounts, lower overhead costs, and timelier service.
- Drive business growth. Many in-house supply chains can become overwhelmed by the amount of work they have to accomplish with limited resources. By partnering with a 3PL provider, manufacturers can ensure customer satisfaction by offering faster delivery times and more accurate order fulfillment.
Choose an experienced 3PL provider. Third-party logistics providers like RMX Global Logistics can offer expertise, help streamline supply chains, and save time and money. Trusting our 3PL experts with your shipping logistics can really make a difference in the way your business functions and allows you to focus on increasing your overall value to customers.
If you’re looking for an experienced, dependable 3PL provider to handle all your supply chain needs, CONTACT RMX GLOBAL for more information.